Thursday, November 22, 2007

When Holidays come how can we manage to diet?


When Holidays come how can we manage to diet?

(a brief Thanksgiving message)

Today is Thanksgiving day and most of us are giving plenty of thanks for having bounteous food by partaking, heavily. And that's not all bad.

We might feel pretty out of place if we tried to make a spectacle out of ourselves by announcing, "I can't have that. I'm on a diet". So a simple piece of advice is to take a rest from your diet program for the day, but don't pig out. When your host says, "Second helping? There's plenty." You say, "No thanks". - End of conversation.

If you don't over-do you'll probably wound up treading water for the week, not gaining or losing.
That's not bad and you won't have any guilt feelings either.

Don't forget about our million pound program. Have you sent our blog address to everyone on your email lists? Send this link to everyone.

http://brownbagdiet.blogspot.com/

Let's get all the people we know signed up so by the first of next year we can put the real push on for serious weight loss.

Between Thanksgiving and New Years I will post "The Secret of the Brown Bag Diet" and you can get ready to join the team to lose 1 million pounds.

2 comments:

Erwin said...

Don't forget:

Send this link to everyone on all of your email lists so we can win in our million pound march -

http://brownbagdiet.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Erwin - Your advice is great, but what happens when you like your own cooking & look forward to the Yummy stuffing etc.? I was doing real well before that, not loosing many lbs even though I was eating next to nothing -- just had my thyroid checked again -- but I was loosing inches as I was exercising a lot.

Carmel Spa followed by Thanksgiving followed by a shabbat with company followed by lunches & dinners out while Larry was home. . . .think I put on 6 lbs. (only lost 3 in the 5 wks before that) I'm hoping some of it is salt from eating sushi and other meals out. I'll give it to this weekend to see what damage my pig out really did. Just don't have control when oddles of good food face me.

Signed, Portion Control