Monday, December 31, 2007

I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR THE NEW NEAR BUT I'M FRUSTRATED

SO YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR THE NEW NEAR BUT YOU'RE FRUSTRATED BEFORE YOU EVEN START?



That's NOT abnormal. That's how most people feel before they start on a new venture.
Think of it. When you start controlling your weight and bringing your weight down to a normal healthy level it's like the first day you left home and went to school. Or it's like the first day you went into business and realized you have huge financial obligations. It is scary.


Have you every heard of buyer's remorse? You buy something really big and important like a house or a new business. You're happy to start a new beginning, mark a new milestone, open the way to a great future. Then something hits you. I have all these oblilgations. I have a new mortgage and or a payroll to meet or other obligations. If you start a business you think, I left my old employer and my regular, though inadequate, pay check.

WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?????

Those feelings are called buyer's remorse. And most have the fear before they even start. But you need a start in order to accomplish anything, so how can you conquer these fears. (Let's call them the fears ante the beginning and the fears post starting.)


The first thing you need to keep in mind is that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Everyone who is signed into the Brownbagdiet.blogspot.com has been there or is going through this right now.

Remember we said we were going to recruit one million people who to pledge to lose at least one pound by Jan 21st? Well I don't know if we made it to one million or not but we have a huge following and most, if not all are in this together with YOU.

Yes. Let's all do the virtual holding of hands together right now. I'm for you and you're for me. We promise to bouy each other up so we can start a program of diet control and complete it successfully by reaching our goal. And we're starting today.

Tonight we reach the milestone year of 2008. For most of us this is not the year of the mouse or any other creature. It's the year of WE and YOU reaching a heallthy and good looking weight level.

Happy New Year everyone and good luck. We're all cheering you on.

Erwin Posner, R.Ph.

Brownbagdiet.blogspot.com

In my next post I'll discuss the mechanics of why starting now is important.




No comments: