Thursday, December 13, 2007

News for Dieters: the BEST DIET program, the BrownBagDiet blog will now post 2 to 3 times a week.

I've been asked to post to the Brown Bag Diet blog more than once a week which is the frequency I began. I've agreed to increase postings to twice or three times a week. I hope that helps those that use the postings to boost their incentives to get on and stay with their diet programs. Let me know how this helps you.

In the last post I said, " If you follow the rules of the Brown Bag Diet you'll lose weight". I can say that because I've been there and done that. I developed the program but I won't mislead you by telling you that dieting to lose weight is simple. It is never simple. However it is something that anyone who is determined can do. You can do it just like I did and it won't take heroic measures to be successful.

I accumulated weight over the years. It didn't just happen suddenly. Most of it was gradual. Whenever I found myself buying new larger size pants or the next shirt size I would resolve to lose enough to return to the weight I had been when I made my last resolution. But the resolutions were just paper promises to myself that I wasn't keeping.

Finally at a medical checkup my doctor told me my blood pressure wasn't being properly controlled, my cholesterol count was over the in bounds line and my load bearing joints, (knees and hips) were taking a beating.

As a pharmacist, most of my work is done while standing and my knees and hips were feeling the pain of lugging around those extra beefy pounds. My doctor said, "You probably won't do anything about it but I'll write you a prescription for something to help you lose weight anyway".

Well those were fighting words. You know how the average American responds when he's told he won't be able to do something? His response is, "Oh Yeah?" And so was mine.

Even though I hadn't followed through on previous resolutions to lose weight, this time I was determined to find a plan that I would stick with. I wanted to show that ignorant doctor he didn't realize who he was talking to when he said I probably wouldn't do anything about being over weight. I needed to lose roughly forty pounds and I was going to put a dent into that goal before I returned to his office for another cholesterol test.

There's more to this story but I promised to tell you the basic guiding principles of the Brown Bag Diet so I will begin with the first three:

1. Take on the effort of reaching your weight loss goals, one day at a time.

2. Pre-plan each day's meals (either the night before or the day of)

3. Pack your meals literally or figuratively in a brown paper bag. (Naturally if soup is on that menu it would be difficult to accommodate it in a small paper bag).

Tomorrow I will conclude my personal story and continue telling you about the other basic principles that make the Brown Bag Diet so successful.

I hope all of you are still recruiting partners who pledge to lose at least one pound so we can find a million dieters that together will lose at least One Million Pounds.

Our blog address is: http://brownbagdiet.blogspot.com/ Pass it around.

Check out our new Brown Bag Diet T shirt at

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/prod.aspx?p=brownbagdiet.200447395

See you tomorrow.

No comments: